PRIVACY STATEMENT (GDPR), VERSION 23/05/2018
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE, enterprise number 0461.259.744, processes personal data in accordance with the present privacy statement.
The office has a website: www.vercraeye.be, where you can find, among other things, the general terms and conditions of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE.
In what follows we wish to explain to our clients that BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE:
- handles its clients’ personal data serving the assigned intents and purposes, such intents and purposes and type of personal data being specified in what follows;
- restricts the processing of personal data necessary solely for the purposes for which they are intended;
- that the client’s express consent is required for the processing of his or her personal data;
- that BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of the personal data of its clients.
- that no client’s personal data is disclosed to any third party, save where necessary for any purpose for which they are processed.
- Data processed by BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE processes the personal data required from and/or provided by its clients to make use of its services.
Below is a list of the personal data of clients that may be processed by BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE:
- surname and first name,
- date of birth,
- place of birth,
- telephone number,
- e-mail address,
- bank account number,
- enterprise number,
- VAT number,
- information pro
- Purposes of processing
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE collects and processes the personal data of its clients within the limits of the services requested by those clients, these same services also falling within the scope of the professional secrecy of the lawyer (namely and, inter alia, general client administration, collection and storage of information provided by the client, invoicing).
- Legal grounds of processing
The personal data of the clients of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE are processed on the basis of Article 6.1 of the General Data Protection Regulation, short form ‘GDPR‘ (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27/4/2016):
(a) with the consent of the client, expressly given in writing,
(b) processing is necessary for the execution of the assignment given by the client and, thus, for the execution of the agreement concluded with the client,
- c) processing is necessary for the satisfaction of legal obligations, including but not limited to the conducting of legal proceedings,
- d) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the client or of any concerned third parties,
- e) not applicable.
- f) necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE.
Provided always that the processing of the personal data is effected within the limits of Article 6.1 (a) (consent), the client is at all times within his or her rights to withdraw consent.
- Special and/or sensitive personal data
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE has no intention to collect data on clients younger than 16 years of age unless permission to do so be granted by parents or guardians in case of absolute necessity for the protection of the fundamental rights of such minor clients.
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Should it prove necessary for the execution of the abovementioned purposes, the personal data of any such client may be shared with other companies or authorities in the European Economic Area being associates or partners of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE (including but not limited to courts of law, bailiffs, notaries public and accountants).
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE guarantees that these recipients will take the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of the personal data through the conclusion of processing agreements with any such third party.
- Storage period
The personal data stored for client management by BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE is, in principle, kept for such period as would satisfy the legal requirements, which is to say, a legally determined period of not less than 5 years after termination of the contract between the client and BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE.
The clients may, however, expressly request that BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE keep their personal data, that is to say, their complete file, for any longer period, including in digital form (scanned) by way of provision of service so that they may have the same at their disposal at some date in the future, all the foregoing notwithstanding the client’s right to demand at any time complete deletion of their personal data from the files of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE.
Accounting data will be stored for 10 years from the closure of the file.
- Right of inspection, correction, updating, deletion, restriction, objection and transferability of personal data
The clients of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE may at any time assert the right to inspect, correct, update, delete, restrict, object to or transfer their personal data if they consider their data to be in any way incorrect or incomplete; they may also elect to have their data deleted or to impose limits on their processing and object to the processing of the personal data in question on the basis of Article 6.1 (f), including profiling on the basis of the provisions.
The clients also have the right to obtain a print-out of their personal data and to have that data sent to another company.
The clients may file complaint regarding the processing of their personal data or any part thereof either through the offices of Mr. Joris A. VERCRAEYE or of one of his colleagues, who are:
- Mr. Elly ROUSSEAU, Lawyer
- Mr. Zeynep BERKTAS, Lawyer
- Mr. Bilitis HARDY, Lawyer
- Mr. Inge LEEMANS, Lawyer
- Ms. Sandra MEERSMAN, Secretary,
In order to assert the abovementioned rights, the clients are advised, in the present case, to please send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: Joris@Vercraeye.be.
- How we protect your personal data
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE will take the necessary measures to prevent the loss and unauthorized access to and use of and disclosure of clients’ data. Any questions and/or comments may be addressed to Mr. Joris A. VERCRAEYE – he can be contacted on telephone number 03/259.00.90, on GSM number 0475/70.60.25 or, if you prefer, via the e-mail address Joris@Vercraye.be.
The technical and organizational measures already taken to protect the personal data of our clients against any form of unlawful processing include:
- all persons who, on behalf of BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE, can take notice of your personal data are ipso facto bound by the rules of confidentiality,
- BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE has usernames and passwords for all its systems,
- BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE runs periodic back-ups of its personal data in case it needs to restore them after physical or technical incidents.
- BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE regularly tests and assesses the existing standards and applies them as and when necessary.
- Direct marketing
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE feels that its clients would wish to be informed that any such processing of their personal data is quite simply out of the question, given not least of all the duty of confidentiality binding the lawyer.
Clients are within their rights to file any complaint with:
The Commission on the Protection of Privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels,
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Changes to the privacy statement
BVBA ADVOCATENKANTOOR JORIS A. VERCRAEYE can always modify this privacy statement. This privacy statement relates to the (first) version of 23/5/2018.